I am not a big fan of ice creams, but having lots of custard apple at home I gave this a try as my hubby loves ice cream. Creamy custard apples are everyone favourite!!! An ice cream in its flavour will definitely taste awesome. I love custard apple milkshake and now I am stocking up the custard apple pulp for easy milkshake and souffle recipes. Though the tedious part is to deseed the pulp.
I really cant resist myself from tasting while deseeding, but I control a lot these days and finish a batch while I am done. Its very easy, healthy alternative to store bought ice creams.
Custard Apple Ice Cream
Recipe Reference: Tarladalal Serves: 2 Cooking & Preparation Time: 15 minutes Resting time: 5 hours
Milk - 1 cup
Milk powder - 1/2 cup
Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/8 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Custard pulp - 1 cup
- De-seed the custard apple fruit. Ripe fruit will be easy to de-seed. Custard pulp will be soft and fleshy.
- Take a wide bowl. Add milk, milk powder, powdered sugar, vanilla essence and fresh cream. Stir continuously until sugar dissolves.Mix the custard apple pulp also into the mixture. Stir continuously for a minute. Now the mixture is ready for freezing.
- Cover the bowl and freeze till its semi set. Leave it for three hours. Now the mixture is set semi solid. In a mixer, scoop half the mixture and churn.
- It turns creamy smooth. Now transfer the remaining half and churn it again. Creamy custard apple ice cream mixture is ready to be set.
- Now I am transferring one batch to a bowl and the remaining to ice lollipop mould. Let it freeze for 6 hours or more.
The cup ice cream with lots of finely chopped badam and pista. I am adding orange flavour wafer to add a twist of taste.
Now delicious tasty apple custard ice cream is ready for feast!!! Enjoy!!!