I enjoyed while preparing this era briyani of its aroma from curry leaves and spices. No sunday is a complete without briyani, give this era briyani a try and I am sure you would love it!!!
CHETTINAD PRAWN BRIYANI
Serves:2 Cooking & Preparation Time: 45 minutes
|Prawns/ Shrimp||500 grams|
|Seeraga Samba/Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Onion||2 chopped lengthwise|
|Green Chilli||4 chopped finely|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 tbsp|
Method of Preparation:
1.Soak the jeera samba or basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Clean, devine and wash the prawns with turmeric powder and set aside. Heat water in a small pressure cooker, add the washed prawns and close the lid and let it sound for 2 whistles or until the prawns is cooked and soft. Switch Off and set aside. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the items to temper once the oil is hot. Add the chopped onions, then green chillies and curry leaves. Fry until the onion turns brown and the aroma of spices arose.
Enjoy the delicious prawn briyani with salna !!!
- Add generous amount of fresh curry leaves as its the main flavour.
- Don't over cook the prawns.
- If desired, garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Adjust red chilli powder and pepper powder to suit your spice level.
- The cooking time varies as per the soaking time of rice. I usually use 1:1.5 Rice:Water ratio for seeraga samba for soaking time of 20-30 minutes. But you should choose the measurements according to the variety of rice you use.