We had an awesome time in kodaikannal, the climate and our stay at a boutique resort was very good. We enjoyed boating in drizzling rain, evening mist while cycling around the lake, and a very delectable dinner with camp fire.
Muffins are very tasty and tempts us to grab more. Addition of banana gives it more taste and makes it healthy. Another recipe which you can easily enjoy over very ripened bananas is Banana Bread.
|EGGLESS WHOLE WHEAT BANANA MUFFIN|
|Preparation Time:||20 mins||Baking Time:||30 miuntes||Serves:||6 pieces|
|Adapted from: Gajus Kitchen|
|Wheat Flour||85 grams (3/4 cup)|
|Baking Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1/4 tsp|
|Cinnamon Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Banana (Ripened)||2 Medium Sized,Ripened|
|Vanilla Essence||1 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||55 grams(1/4 cup)|
|Cashews||sprinkle on top|
|Brown Sugar||sprinkle on top|
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven. Take a wide bowl, add wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt and sift once. Keep aside.
- In a mixer, add ripened bananas, purée it, then add milk, honey, vanilla essence, oil, brown sugar. Blend it again.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Grease the muffin tin with oil or use muffin liners,fill batter until its full 3/4 th. Gently pat the muffin tin so the batter spreads uniformly. Sprinkle few cashew bits and brown sugar on top. Bake at 200 degrees C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- You can make the same recipe using all purpose flour instead of wheat flour.
- You can line the muffin tray with muffin liner.
- After cooling, store the muffins in a air tight container.