One of the easy chicken starter for any occasion...Yes...Tangdi kebab...very soft and juicy chicken drumsticks with the flavours perfectly blended and grilled. Next to grill chicken, this has been my favourite. Even on days I don't eat non veg, when I see tangdi kebab on the list, I cant resist having them. My hubby gives me a look, Omg this girl is so unpredictable. Yep I am very unpredictable to him always... and with tangdi kebab I can never!!!
Until the first time I made, never knew I would be making them so often. Restaurant style kebabs can be made easily at home.
TANGDI KEBAB RECIPE
Recipe Category: Non-veg/ starter
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Grill/bake Time: 30 minutes
Standing Time: 8 hours/Overnight Serves: 4 pieces
|Chicken Drumsticks||4 pieces|
|Turmeric Powder||3 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||2 tsp|
|Ginger garlic Paste||2 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|To be roasted and finely grounded:|
|Cinnamon Sticks||3 medium size|
|Coriander Seeds||1 tsp|
|Hung Curd||2 tbsp|
|Besen Flour||1 tsp|
Method of Preparation:
1. Clean and wash chicken drumsticks pieces with turmeric. Make random slits on both sides. Let the incision be deep.
2. Marinate the chicken drumsticks with the items under first marination. Rub well on all sides and see that the chicken pieces are coated completely. Cover it with foil paper. Let it rest for 3-4 hours in fridge.
3.Meanwhile, prepare the hung curd and second marination items. Take the required amount of curd for the recipe, put it through a strainer and leave it for 30 minutes. The water strains completely giving you hung curd.
4. Heat a small pan, add the items to roast and grind. Saute on medium flame for 2-3 minutes or the spices have been roasted and has a smoky aroma. Let it cool and then grind finely. Add hung curd and grounded spices to the marinated chicken drumsticks. In low flame, heat ghee in a small pan, add besen flour and just keep stirring to prevent any lumps from forming. Switch off in a minute or when the rawness of besen flour is gone. Add this also to the chicken marination. Add salt. Rub it well and cover the chicken drumsticks with foil paper. Leave it in fridge for 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove one hour before to grilling.
5. Grill the chicken pieces till they are cooked well on both sides using enough oil. (You can use an tandoor or grill or oven or microwave or pan fried). I used microwave grill mode, greased the plate with enough oil and placed the chicken drumsticks. Grilled for 30 minutes while turning around the chicken to even cooking.
Sprinkle chat masala and serve with lemon, onion rings and green chutney!!!
- Pat dry the chicken pieces with kitchen towel after washing to remove any moisture.
- I don't add food colour, you can add a pinch to the marination if you want.
- Adjust the lemon juice according to your taste.
- Add salt only in the last.
- I used the grill method as my microwave had an tikka series option for the recipe and we use less oil.
- I forgot to click the besen flour in ghee picture. Remember not to burn the besen flour while roasting it.
- The time of marination is very important. Give it at least 3-4 hours before cooking.
- You can prepare this ahead if guests are visiting you, just grill one hour before when needed.