Fried Rice is very easy and tasty for a lunch box in late morning preparation though we prefer schezwan fried rice always over this. We get the best fried rice from one of the shop in our area... Feeling lazy...will phone order fried rice and chilli mushroom/ paneer 65. Now, they have closed the shop on renovation for 6 months, missing the schezwan fried rice so much that I have made schezwan sauce at home.
Recipe Category: Chinese/ Rice
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2
|To Cook Rice|
|Basmati Rice||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||1 tsp|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Spring onion whites||1/2 cup|
|French beans||1/4 cup|
|Soya sauce||1 tsp|
|White pepper||3 tsp|
|Spring onion greens||1/2 cup|
Method of preparation:
1. To cook rice: Boil enough water in a open pan, add oil and salt. Cook the rice 90 % done. Drain the rice using a strainer and refresh suing cold water. Spread the rice evenly on a big plate and keep aside to cool it completely.
Serve warm with sauce and vegetable manchurian.
- You can cook the rice as you usually cook the basmati rice either open pan or closed cooker.
- For open pan, to cook the rice 90% I have used Rice:Water:: 1:5. Use according to your cooking method.
- You can increase the quantity of vegetables used.
- Ajinomotto/ MSG adds enhances flavours to the fried rice, but its not recommended because its believed to cause severe health problems. In roadside shops, they add this which gives us good taste and flavour.
- If using ajinomotto, use it after heating the oil. Saute it in high flame for a few seconds before adding the spring onion whites.
In Picture: Veg Fried Rice with tomato sauce and Veg Manchurian.