The combination of lentils makes it very nutritious and delicious. The ada dosa batter need not be left to ferment so we can make them as we prepare the batter. So, we can prepare this yummy protein filled dosa for unexpected guests with just 4 hours of soaking time.
ADAI DOSA RECIPE
Recipe Category: Indian | Breakfast
Preparation Time: 4 Hours soaking + 10 mins grinding Cooking Time: 4 minutes Serves: 12
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Idli Rice - 1 cup
Urad Dhal - 1 cup
Toor Dhal - 1 cup
Channa Dhal - 1 cup
Moong Dhal - 1 cup
Red Chillies - 4
Fennel Seeds - 2 tsp
Garlic - 1
Hing - 2 tsp
Rock Salt - to taste
Water - 1.5 cups or as required consistency of batter
Shallots(Small Onion) - 10, chopped roughly
Curry Leaves - few
Oil / Butter - as required
Method of Preparation:
1. Soak the rice and dhals overnight or 5 hours.
- I have used less spice, increase the quantity of red chillies to suit your taste.
- My amma makes it more coarse than this slightly thin batter.
- Adjust water according to the consistency required. Don't add more water as like dosa batter.
- No need to ferment the batter.
- Any type of dried beans can also be added to the ingredients for the batter. Making it more nutritious.
In Picture: Adai served with spicy chutney and sugar.