Eid Mubarak to all my lovely friends!!!
Spicy Squid Masala Fry looks so tempting, right? Yep, this recipe is one such tempting dish though there are many recipes to prepare this lovely and delicious seafood.
Its always a hit in my table. Try and share your feedback.
SPICY SQUID MASALA FRY
Recipe Category:SouthIndian | Sidedish
Preparation Time: 45 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Serves: 6
Squid/ Kanava - 500 grams
Shallots (Small Onion) - 15 pieces, roughly chopped
Green Chillies - 2 finely chopped
Curry Leaves - few (optional)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 + 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 1/4 cup
To grind to a fine paste:
Coconut Flakes - 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Water - as required for fine paste
Oil - 4 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
Dry Red Chilli - 2 broken
Method of Preparation:
1. Clean and cut the squid into round or square shape. Pressure cook the cleaned squid with enough water to cover the squid and 1 tsp of turmeric powder for 1 whistle in High and simmer for 30 minutes. Once the pressure releases, open and drain the water and keep aside the cooked squid.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add the items under temper. Then add small onions, green chillies and saute well.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, saute well for a minute. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and required salt to taste. Mix well. Saute for few seconds. Add the coconut paste. Mix well. Add water.
4. Bring it to boil. Once it starts bubbling, bring it to medium flame and cook it covered til the gravy thickens. Open and keep stirring til it thickens. Switch Off.
- You can cook for your desired consistency.
- Cooking squid is very important as over cooking will make it rubbery.